Thursday, September 20, 2018

goldenrod, goldilocks, golden sunset

Another week, another toy show!  Thankfully, it's the last one for a while.  It was great to see friends...for Todd to be in his element, both on the floor (sorting - a Todd favorite)...


...and in panels, giving presentations about vintage toys.


I saw lots of nice tattoos (yes, that's Princess Leia!)...


...and even the back of William Shatner's head!  He's in black on the right.


But I'm so glad to be home.  I miss the cats like crazy when we're gone.


And I miss our walks. 


I love seeing all the signs of the changing seasons, even if it's still quite warm.






It's nice to see some late-season bees.  Our temperatures are supposed to cool off dramatically next week (low 70s and 60s!!!), and this little guy will be winding down for sure. 


I bought new sale fabric this week.  It's Goldilocks by Jill Howarth.  I love the colors and the whimsical pattern.  Really fun! 


I just bought a couple of "rollie pollies" (eighteen 2.5" strips) and some yardage of my favorite patterns:


Tiny bears and half-timbered cottages...what could be better?  I never know exactly what I'm going to make when I buy fabric, most of the time.  If it's on sale, and I really like it, I buy it.  I buy the sale bundle, supplement with some yardage, and cross my fingers.  Most fabric can be fleshed out with plain cream, tan, or light blue yardage to create up to a full-size quilt, so I feel like it's a safe investment!  I can't wait to start sewing again!

I guess I'll just have to focus on outdoor activities until then.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment