Monday, May 2, 2022

...and then there were three

 It's getting warmer and things are popping outside!


Even though the only thing I've done in the garden is plant my anemones, ranuculus, and some poppies, everything is moving forward without my help.  It's gratifying to see the beds fill in with perennials.













There are weeds, too...quite a bit of them.  I'm going to have to tackle them at 15 minutes a day, every single day, to try to keep them in check.  I mean, starting today.  ;)  

Finally, I've gotten to start picking bouquets again!



It's not just outside where new things are sprouting up.  We've got a couple of new additions!


After the absolutely abysmal Tabitha cat introductions last year, I was determined to have a positive change this year.  After some research, I discovered that TWO kittens are best for an adult cat, because they'll play with each other, for the most part, instead of harassing the adult.  The adult is less threatened, too.  So, we talked about it and started looking around to see if there were any bonded pairs available.    Oddly enough, there's a bit of a kitten shortage here!  But I managed to find these two boys.






They're ten weeks old and both as sweet as can be, although slightly feral when they came to us - they'd been living on the streets for their first eight weeks!  I did not enjoy Tabitha's somewhat spicy kittenhood, but these two are full of purrs and cuddles.  We're still working on names (discards:  Orzo and Enzo, Lothar and Linus, Falk and Fisper, Klaus and Canute, Arno and Alistair), although we're leaning toward Arno (pronounced ar-NO) and Klaus.  We've got a ratty-carpeted spare room for them to romp in and kitten beds, towers, and toys.  Our hands are pretty full right now but we are loving watching these two play!πŸ’—πŸ’˜  More updates soon!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment