Tuesday, November 7, 2023

frost bossed

 The veggie harvest is in!

Chilis...check.  Tomatoes...CHECK.  We picked twelve pounds of cherry tomatoes the day before our first frost!!  What do you do with twelve pounds of tomatoes?  A whole lot of sauce.  


I was hoping for a bigger sweet potato harvest, but...


Next year I'll plant my potato slips early and use more compost!  

The day before the frost, Todd winterized our irrigation system by blowing it out with the air compressor.


We picked the veggies, but left most of the flowers to go to seed.  Crazy how many of them were still blooming...probably thanks to Claudia's expert protection!


The next morning...magic.







It's so pretty, and we still have so many beautiful leaves!

our back pond

living room window view

daily hiking path


reflectors for hunting season protection



We watched 31 scary movies, ate our Halloween cupcakes...


...and closed the door on my favorite month.  Now we're looking ahead to cold weather, snow, Thanksgiving, cozy, warm, fire, quilts.  Speaking of quilts...


I finished a standard postage stamp quilt throw for my brother.  It's so cheerful!



I haven't worked on a quilt for a while, so this was really fun.  I've got a few small projects scheduled for the months ahead!  For now, I'm just going to enjoy the transition to winter.  


Have a great week!









No comments:

Post a Comment