Tuesday, December 5, 2023

two shakes of a lamb's ear

 It's getting chilly.

ice on pond

frost on lamb's ear

Even though most mornings are frost-free, we're still in that inevitable plunge into winter.  Leaves that remain on the trees are decidedly dead.



It's kind of tough having a December birthday...it's usually too cold and wet to do anything outside.  Here's the sky the day of my birthday this year:


We had a million indoor activities, though, including a trip to the local bingo hall, where I was one number away from $200!


I made my own cake, as usual.  For the first time in a few years, I made an ice cream cake.  They're so easy to make!  A scaled-down brownie recipe, baked in a loaf pan...frozen, then frosted...frozen, then layered with ice cream and whipped cream.  Delicious!  


The kittens love having us in the house so much during bad weather.  It's a prime opportunity to beg for food.


I keep food on my desk for Calliope, but Barnabas wants a taste too.


And...you know.



Besides these "wild animals," we're still getting lots on our trail cams, although mostly deer...


...and this rapidly-growing buck.  It's hunting season and I frequently hear shots from the forest...I'm glad that he's been able to stay safe!



After getting hours and hours of groundhog footage by the white barn...


...we moved this camera to the back field.  I'm looking forward to some new animals, maybe even a bobcat!

We'll see what turns up...have a great week!  





No comments:

Post a Comment