Tuesday, October 15, 2024

a Michi-gander

October is the perfect time for a fall road trip!  So I headed a few hours north and met my friend Heather for a Lake Michigan adventure.

The dunes are steeper than I expected!  You can see tiny specks (people) making the climb in the second photo.  



So many gulls!


Lake Michigan is so pretty.




Lighthouses!!



We got some good weather and quite a bit of (nicely atmospheric) rain.


Even with the damp and the chill, we were able to orchard-hop...





...and totally dominate the area's largest corn maze!


The breaks in the storm...


...gave us time to leaf-peep...


...and check out some of the things that Michigan is famous for.



Well, I've never seen a black squirrel before, anyway!


We even got to sleep in a castle one night!






I had my own balcony in the Queen's Turret...


...that was perfect for a little late-night knitting!  

We came, we saw...and I got home juuuuust in time to celebrate Todd's half birthday with a burnt, sloppily-decorated cookie cake that pretty much accurately reflected my out-of-it state of mind after much driving and not quite enough sleep.


We still went for our walk this morning...


...and I love that it's sweater weather (this week), and that it's just enough cold for our leaves here to finally start changing.


Hooray for fall at last!

Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment