...and this carolina wren...
...and these mourning doves.
Despite an infrequent drizzle, Todd and I cleared out the side garden. Without the somewhat picturesque covering of leaves, it looks awfully...bare.
I'm waiting to see what will grow, but I envision filling this space with my cottage garden plants. I can't wait to see what it will look like next year!
Inside the house, we're still pulling things into shape. Todd had me lay out my rubber stamps to get an idea of how many I had. Uh oh...it's a lot.
Two years ago he built me a wooden stand for my stamps...
...but now I've got double what I had then, so we'll have to figure something else out. Once we get that set up, and the curtains up, and the slipcover on the chair, the craft room will be done. It looks a little better than this:
...but there's a ways to go!
I've been trying to do something with all of these bare walls. I'm not a huge fan of pictures, but I got a great deal at Goodwill recently. I found this picture...
...for $10. Normally I don't like gold frames, but it's very subtle. I found the same picture + frame online for over $500, so I'm pretty excited about my score!
Here's another bare wall.
I was inspired by this magazine picture:
...and decided to try the same thing. I already had some hats, so it only cost me $9 to flesh out the rest of it.
Of course, you can't see it too well in this photo...and since then, we've added a rug and changed the fireplace mantle...but you get the idea.
I've also been feverishly knitting. I wanted to knit a certain something for a friend, and I wanted to knit it in blue yarn. For me, it's hard to tell by looking at the ball, if it's not a solid color, and see what it might look like. Here's a ball from Knitpicks:
I was worried that, knitted up, I'd see too many pastels. I made a little swatch:
...and liked it very much. I also had a Cherry Tree Hill ball...
Would it be too much like denim?
No...I ended up liking it a lot more than I thought I would. Anyway, all that knitting, and I ended up going with a solid green. Here's a peek of the finished project!
Valentine's Day is coming up, and I'm a sucker for holidays. I made valentines for friends and family...
...complete with valentine's themed envelopes.
Last year I made cookies and took them around, but this year I had to settle for making something for Todd's office. My original plan was coconut cream-stuffed chocolate cupcakes covered in coconut buttercream and dusted with pink-tinted coconut, but I disregarded the recipe line, "Bake these in cupcake liners, to be removed later." The cupcakes were VERY 'sticky' and didn't easily come free from the tins. I had to settle for - you guessed it - trifle. ARGH!
Later this week, I'm making a three layer chocolate cake with raspberry marshmallow cream filling for Todd and hopefully, if it's not botched, I will post it next week!
To cheer myself up after the trifle fiasco (and the kitchen scrub-down that took almost an hour), I picked more camillas and made bouquets for the entire house. Yay! It's the little things.
Have a great week!