Thursday, February 13, 2014

Timely Valentine

I always feel a little guilty about posting Valentine ideas here the week after Valentine's Day.  After all, I don't want to spoil anything for Todd, or for my Valentine recipients.  This year, though, I managed to get my Valentines out early, and I think they've mostly been received.  Therefore, I can safely post an idea here, just in time for Valentine's Day.  An idea that you can whip up last minute, because it only takes 4 ingredients and some scraps of paper.  Yes, I'm talking about fortune cookies.  I've made and blogged about them before, but it's worth repeating:  these are quick and easy cookies that can be customized to any holiday or event.  I absolutely love making them!

Please refer to this website for directions and recipe, but I can show you my steps!

First, I made some punny tags.


I cribbed funny fortunes from several internet sites.


I already had tiny festive takeout boxes, purchased at Michael's after-Easter sale last year.  They were small, though, so I had to make extra-tiny cookies.

Just a half teaspoon or so of batter, baked exactly 5 minutes.


I folded them quickly and put a tablespoon on top of each to hold the shape.  They harden in about 30 seconds!


I made stacks and stacks of them...almost 200 total!  Sigh...aren't they beautiful?


I put a sheet of Saran Wrap in each takeout box:

  

I filled them all assembly line-style.


I folded the wrap over the top and sealed them with a stamped Valentine's Day sticker.


Love love love!


I hope you give it a try!

I've also made some cards recently and thought I'd tag them onto the end of this post.  This card idea was cribbed from Pinterest and shows a cookie sheet - surprisingly easy to make with leftover sparkly Christmas cardstock. I hand-cut the cookies and manually rounded the corners of a papercut rectangle to make the cookie sheet. 


Inside:


Someone I know had surgery recently, so I got to use this "Feel better!" card I've been wanting to make for a while.  I'm just getting into pop-up cards, and so this was great fun to make.  Specific dimensions are available at this web site!

Fold a small piece of paper...


Tape the ends together and seal, and cut a small hole in the top.  Fill with a bit of Kleenex.


Use glue to affix in the fold of your card...


...and add your details!


I really like it, and it was pretty easy to make.  

I hope you have some craft time soon.  Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment