Tuesday, March 11, 2014

A Spring Chorus

It's spring in the South, y'all.


Because of our unusually cold winter and spring, we haven't seen any flowering yet on our redbuds, dogwoods, or azaleas.  But things are stirring.


When we first moved here, someone told us that spring in Upstate South Carolina was the nation's best-kept secret.  I have to say, it's awfully good.  Sunny and low 70s every day.  And oh, the flowers!  No explanation needed...just take a look. 




Once again, I have bouquets everywhere.  Even the bathrooms!

  

Right now, my office windows are open.  Birds are singing, tree frogs are peeping, and the sun is shining.  I know that in a few weeks we'll have azaleas and crepe myrtles blooming, providing solid color all the way through May.  I can't wait!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment