Tuesday, February 17, 2015

The Turkey Trot

Even though 'our' turkeys seem to melt away into the woods for several months around this time of year, we've still been seeing quite a few of them.  There's a flock of females and a flock of males, and I've caught them digging contentedly though the leaves together recently.  I saw the beautiful albino female, too.  Her feathers are so lovely.


The males are bolder and so colorful.  I love the way their feathers turn a brilliant iridescent copper in the sun.


There they go!


More lovely birds have been spotted.  The Carolina wren...


...tufted titmouse...


...and a particularly sassy female cardinal.


I love it!

So the weather got warm, many flowers started to bloom...


...aaaaaand...then we had an ice storm.


I have to admit, I was so excited that I didn't sleep well and was up early.  I *love* taking photos of ice.  This may be winter's last - and only - gasp here.  It's supposed to be 50 degrees by the end of the day.

By the way, I'm going to try to find time to do a separate Valentine's Day post in a few days.  I am falling too far behind with my photos! 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment