Tuesday, April 28, 2015

L.A. Woman

So we just got back from a two week trip to California.  The first few days were the 'vacation' portion. 


We hiked in the San Gabriel Mountains...


We went to the coast, too.  We played in the tide pools and watched the surfers.


We did a lot of walking along the shore, and even took some corny selfies.  Ah, vacations!


We visited some of my family members that live in the area.  I got to pore over old photo albums.  I only have one or two photos of my dad, and no photos of that side of the family, so it was really exciting for me to see these old pictures.

My dad, graduating from college:


My grandma with my dad in her lap:


My grandpa in his Navy uniform:


It was such a treat to thumb through those albums!

The real reason for our California trip, however, was Star Wars Celebration, where we set up a booth.  Life is funny.  I do have a college degree, and I certainly never thought I'd sell Star Wars (and other vintage toys) for a living, but I have to admit that it's a pretty good gig.  It's taken me to a lot of interesting places, and I've met some really wonderful people.  But these conventions...phew!  It's really hard work! 

Here I am, sunburned, sleepy, and armed with my Exhibitor's badge.


So...many...boxes.


Finally, some semblance of order...


It was total, complete chaos from the time the doors opened until they closed at night.


Of course, Todd was in seventh heaven.


I missed all the celebrity panels, but I did see several people in character...


Look!  Anthony Daniels (aka "C-3PO") signed the ceramic tape dispenser that I sold to "Mike" - "It's the ugliest thing in the galaxy."  Ha!


The whole time went by in a blur, and it's taken me a week to completely recover!  I'm looking forward to getting back on track with normal life. 

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment