Tuesday, December 6, 2016

Goats, Hens, Odds and Ends

It was a cool, dry weekend, so I thought it might be fun to go back to Split Creek Farm.  It's all about the goats!


Well, that's not true.  We saw some feathered friends...


...and a few other odds and ends.


I love the "guard animals" there.  So sweet.  What a pair!


Todd, as always, was a big hit.


At home, though, it's all about the turkeys.  It's been raining a lot, so on some days I've just gotten a glimpse of them feeding through my office window.  I counted 14 here!


Sometimes they come out into the sun.


It's been really busy here, with the uptick in business sales and the usual hustle-bustle that comes with the holidays.  But I'm more organized this year.  Christmas cards - mailed!  Christmas gifts - purchased, and some are actually wrapped!  I finished up a few last-minute craft projects and have started mailing them out.  I embroidered these napkins for a housewarming gift.  I *love* them and I think I'm going to make some for myself!


But for the most part, I haven't worked on anything for myself in about 2 weeks, and I might not have a chance until after the new year.  I have 2 quilts in the works, the ornament project from last week's blog, a knitted cowl I want to make, and some random embroidery projects...not to mention the massive cross stitch project I bought earlier this year that I'd like to start on soon!  So next year will be a busy one! 

But for now, I'm just going to make notes and prepare my project list.  It makes me feel organized and creates a great sense of anticipation!

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment