Monday, February 26, 2018

a "Little" goes a long way

Hooray!  Our scattered bunches of snow-in-summer have bloomed.



The magnolias, too, are magnificent...and they haven't even reached their peak yet!





And other beauties...





At home, it's all bouquets, all the time.  Bringing the outside in is a concept much celebrated around here.



I love seeing all the new growth.




Speaking of new growth, how much fatter can this cat get?


Clotilde is so sweet and she's got me wrapped around her paw. I love seeing her little face when I'm working outside.  I am never out for more than a minute or two before hearing her little meow.  Although she impedes my progress by wrapping herself around first one ankle and then the other, I wouldn't have it any other way. 


I'm also feeding a feral cat I've named Blackavar (from Watership Down).


At first he refused to come onto the deck until I'd closed the doors, but now he comes running when I bring food.  He still won't come too close, and thanks me with a series of growls and hisses, but he's definitely coming around.

The newest arrival is Rook.  I originally chose a Finnish (or Danish?) word for spirit (or smoke?) that rhymed with rook, but I kept forgetting it, so Rook stuck.  She's very friendly, but only comes at night.  She seems well-fed.  I wonder if she has a home?


I've been working on my quilt in my free time, and recently splurged for a new fabric collection.  It's called Little by Jenny Lumelsky.  I chose my five favorite prints from the line and ordered a yard each.  It's the most I've ever spent on yardage ($16/yard!) but the patterns are so dreamy that it made the decision easy.  Birds, deer, and rabbits?  All in that peach color that I like so much, with navy accents?  Sold, sold, and sold. 


I got an extra yard of the center blue fabric, since the color is an element of each print.  I'm also going to look for the perfect ivory white shade (Maybe Moda Bella Ivory?) to stretch this project even further.  Six to eight yards of fabric are needed for a full size bed, so I just need a yard or so of ivory (and the perfect pattern!) and I'll be ready to go!  After all, it's about time for a new quilt around here.


Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment