Monday, March 5, 2018

in the pink

I have discovered a real love of building on precut fabric collections.  I feel much more comfortable taking what I want and putting aside less desirable prints to be used in another project.  This is Bayberry by Moda.


I bought this mini charm pack (40 2.5" squares) to "try out" the collection before committing to buying a sizable amount of fabric.  I love the cream, peach, and blue, but am not as crazy about the hydrangea-printed squares.  Those can be easily replaced with more light blue.  When this line came up on sale for $32 last week (for a layer cake, or 42 ten inch pieces of fabric), I bought it!  It's discontinued, but now I easily have enough for a quilt.  Hooray!

This is a 1930s Japanese reproduction line from Lucien.  I love the pastel colors and the fun prints.  It feels like spring!


But I wasn't crazy about the reds or the cat prints in pink, green, and blue - so I took them out.  I supplemented with a white-dotted grey cotton.

Actually, I'm done.


Seventy two 6.5" nine patch squares with no jarring reds!  I worked on this to give myself a break from the flying geese quilt that's crushing my will to live right now.  You might recognize the design.  I worked on the below-pictured quilt earlier this year and copied the pattern almost exactly.


I need to finish the top of quilt #2 and buy backing for both of them, and then I'll quilt them both before moving on to a new project.  My least-favorite part, but I've taken a couple of online quilting classes recently and have gotten some ideas for completing the dreaded quilting process more easily.

Meanwhile, it's sun and flowers outside, although thankfully in the 60s all week.  That 80 degree blast from a week or so ago was most unwelcome!  But it sure brought out the flowers.  So much pink!







Every few days I bring in armfuls!


It's nice having a touch of green - and color! - in the house.


The cats, of course, are enjoying the sunshine. 


Wherever there's sun, there's Clotilde.


Even Blackavar is getting in on the action!


He's no beauty, but he's got a very appealing face.  I like having them around!


My love of cats is appropriately reflected in my growing enamel pin collection.  My sister-in-law bought me a Star Trek cat pair and I supplemented with a few, but keep finding more that I love.  Thankfully I despise purses and have always carried some sort of canvas bag for books and my wallet.  The pins fit nicely on the front! 


Win win.  Have a great week! 

No comments:

Post a Comment