Monday, January 21, 2019

making tracks

I feel the same frustration when trying to identify animal tracks in the snow as I did this past summer when trying to identify mushrooms.  Often distorted by snow depth, melt, or blow, I rarely have an "Ah ha!" moment when comparing my pictures to internet charts.  Still, I enjoy looking at the various shapes and sizes, and am pretty certain that the top photo is from a skunk (we also smelled one in the area), the middle is probably the front paws of an opossum, and the bottom could be mice.


The only certainty was that there was definitely dog.


And birds.  Lots of birds!



We drove to the IU campus on Sunday for a quick walk with Borga.  She was feeling pretty frisky.


The campus is so beautiful.






There's a warming trend coming through this week, so I'm glad we got to get out and enjoy the snow before it was too late.


Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment