Wednesday, January 1, 2020

all the light we cannot see

Happy New Year!  I've been going through some photos of our recent trip to Oregon.  Normally, I cart along the nice camera with the heavy interchangeable lenses, but since we were trying to pack really light, I just used my iPhone for pictures.  The quality isn't great, but convenience wins out this time. 

We hit our usual spots, like the coast.






We saw beautiful lakes...


...and mountains.


The heavy rainfall and moderate temperatures mean a whole lot of green. 



Huge piles of oyster shells...



...and several paper manufacturing plants, both active...


...and defunct.


Our destinations changed, but one thing that reminded constant was how the frequently overcast skies affected the diffused light.  It was so beautiful!  We had some dramatic threatening skies:



Amazing fog:


(yes, those are brake lights!)


And even some sun!


We had a great trip, but it was good to get home and see our cats.  The only missing face around here is our dear Claudia...our exterior feeder got jammed while we were away and wasn't properly dispensing food.  I embroidered a Claudia ornament for Christmas this year...see the mouse in her mouth?


Hopefully she'll make her way back her soon...and hopefully I can get back on my regular sleep schedule again.  I don't feel like I've cobbled together more than a few hours at a time in quite a while, but I think I'll fall into the normal rhythm of it soon enough.

Have a great week!





No comments:

Post a Comment