Monday, February 14, 2022

our rabbit habit

 I've developed quite the knitting habit lately!  I just finished a really pretty triangle scarf which Todd thoughtfully modeled.


It's an unusual shape...


...with an interesting cable design.


The yarn is so soft, squishy, and warm...I'm definitely knitting a sweater in Malabrigo Rios!  My next project is a sweater, but with a different type of yarn.  While I wait for it to arrive, I'm busting out a  pair of socks.


I'm still trying to reduce my stash, and these two ugly ducklings just might make something pretty in the end.  We'll see!


Our beautiful snow came...



giant crow tracks!


...and went!  We got another light dusting yesterday, but it will be gone soon.  We were able to get out for a quick hike.  Borga was glad to stretch her legs!


Still cold.


Lots to see!
tiny greens

coyote scat full of rabbit fur

unusual tree fungus

Back at home, the sunrises have been spectacular.  Watch the progression.  It changes by the minute! 





I've been caught off guard by the unusual color of the front pond ice, too.  It's a grey pearlescent color that I absolutely love!  The color changes, depending on the light.



At home, we're continuing to work with Calliope and Tabitha.  They seem to really enjoy their separate spaces for the time being...


...unless, of course, there's shoulder real estate available.


Have a great week!


No comments:

Post a Comment