Monday, April 11, 2022

ranuculus plus

Although we had a wintry mix this weekend, the season is progressing.  Birds are flooding back...


The herons are out almost daily.


A wood duck pair visited our front pond.  I hope they're nesting nearby!


I picked the first bouquets of the year...



Claudia is loving the warmth of the sun.


I haven't felt like working outside, and it's been awfully cold, but the ranuculus had to get into the ground.  From just 20ish corms 2 years ago, I planted 60 thriving plants this week!


My Icelandic poppies are bursting out of their containers, too. If I don't want to lose them, I'll need to get them planted this week.  It's a nice, rainy forecast, with spring asserting itself all around us.






Inside, Calliope is positively loving her status as the only cat.




Todd and I are both missing Tabitha a lot this week, though.

One of her last photos, snuggling on my lap

But we have to keep moving forward. 

I've been working away on my Tilda postage stamp quilt.  The long paired rows...


...were sewn together to make units of four, and then sub-cut into 1 3/4" sections.


These will be sewn into groups of four (sixteen squares per block).  I'm excited to start putting it together!  I've been knitting a bit, too.  A new yarn for me this time is Lopi, spun from Icelandic sheep.  It's very hairy and rough, but the colors are so beautiful!  


Hopefully I'll have more time to work on this soon.  

Otherwise, work work work and enjoying the changing season!  We love our spring hikes, even if there's not a lot of color in the woods yet.  Soon!  




Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment