Monday, July 11, 2022

warren peace (?)

When we were experiencing drought-like conditions, I tried to fend off rabbits with Liquid Fence.  It seemed to help in some places.  But then we had two (much-needed) days of rain, and when I checked my sunflower patch, every single sunflower seedling had been eaten down to the ground.  Over 200 sunflowers, over 20 varieties, all gone.  Rabbits.  

Every time I look outside...rabbits.








I've joked to Todd that we don't have a whole pack of snarling, ravenous rabbits...just one demented one named Warren who's eating my entire garden down, all by himself.  The irony is that I like rabbits, although my wallpaper...


...and rabbit artwork...



...seems to mock me now.  Well, what's done is done.  I will have to mow down four garden rows that now only contain weeds and wait until next year to try sunflowers again.

In other words, we do have a bounty of flowers right now.


one tiny sunflower in the front garden, seed dropped by a bird!


Lisianthus, the slow-growing flower that looks like a rose/carnation hybrid, is popping like crazy.  It's a bit too fussy, though.  I won't grow these again.


Two of my favorites...a kitten in the window and a big bouquet of flowers on the porch!


Pumpkins are popping.  I have 53 vines...15 varieties!


I made some 4th of July tartlets to celebrate the holiday...finally nailing the homemade graham cracker!


We also took in a Fleetwood Mac cover band this week.


Rabbits aside, it's shaping up to be a nice July.

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment