Monday, December 12, 2022

gorn adorn

 It's been a long two weeks but CHRISTMAS TREE UP!

Mantle was simple, tree boughs from our fir trees.

Bring on the ornaments!  Old favorites...


And we always add new ones each year.  This year, I bought a possum ornament for Todd, in honor of our nightly guest:


Todd topped me by finding this Star Trek Gorn ornament, which I love so much that I'm going to keep it out all year.  I've been reading a lot about/trying to defeat my own "lizard brain" so this is especially perfect.


taken from this scene...

The cats have shown some interest in the tree...


...but seem more interested in the displaced chair that we moved to accommodate the tree.


♩♪Saturday night's alright for fighting...♪♪




Most of the photos I've taken lately have been strictly cats...



...because I was sick for over a week and very slow to move past it.  I had a low-key birthday...I did make it out for a Christmas choir performance, and had a delicious brownie at home.


I don't believe in cutting corners on birthday treats, but this year's cake was no sugar...no flour...no oil...no butter...no egg...no dairy.  I'd made it the week before and it was so delicious, I wanted it again.

The World's Healthiest Brownie
(modified from Chocolate Covered Katie)

1 cup pumpkin puree
2/3 cup peanut butter
1/2 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
1 teaspoon vanilla
1/4 teaspoon salt
1/4 cup sugar substitute (I used Swerve)
1/4 cup chocolate chips (so, a little sugar...)

Mix it all together, bake it at 325 in a standard pie dish for 20 minutes, and put it in the refrigerator to firm it up.  Top it with some lightly sweetened cream cheese if you don't mind dairy and it's ready to go!  It's really rich and delicious.  

Birthday done, Christmas cards out, tree is up, and now we're focusing on our Christmas rush at work.  It's a lovely time of year and I'm hoping to rally within a few days to really get our massive Christmas week planned out properly.  I can't wait!


Have a great week!



No comments:

Post a Comment