Monday, January 9, 2023

strain bane

Another slow week here.  I'm getting better, but have an added complication of eye strain and a strict order from my optometrist not to engage in looking close/looking away activities that will strain my eyes further before my new lenses come.  You know, things like photography, knitting, sewing, painting...I had to cheat a bit earlier this week when we had a beautiful frost.



We've also had some pretty intense fog, which I love.


The warm/cold, warm/cold cycle that we've been having has reduced my pumpkins to mush.  


I haven't felt well enough to go out and gather seeds, but hopefully it won't be too late when it warms up again later this week.  This weather has been confusing for our bulbs, too!


One of the benefits of having impossible-to-kill plants, like achillea, is that they put out new growth whenever there's a warm spell.  I love being able to have a few sprigs of green around in the house in my smallest bud vases!


Since I can't really sew much right now, I ordered some fun fabric for the first time in a while.  Hibiscus from Riley Blake...llamas!


Do you remember that discontinued dress I fell in love with?

Alpine Lodge skirt / photo courtesy of Kate Davies

I was able to find the skirt, used, online.  I might have to take in the waist a bit, but that's easy enough to do.  Buttons...pockets...and really heavily lined.  I can't wait to wear this next Christmas!


Since my knitting basket is filled with kittens instead of projects these days...


...and I'm restless with my restrictions...I've been looking back at past Januarys. 

2012, Portland...



2015, knitting a pair of complicated socks in South Carolina...


2019, dashing through the snow with Borga in southern Indiana...


I'm excited to get better and get back outside!  Todd and I are both ready for an adventure soon.

Have a great week!




No comments:

Post a Comment