Monday, April 16, 2018

fat stacks

Thank goodness for a long, cool spring, but soon it will be warm enough on a regular basis for skirts!  I'm definitely casual and not fussy, and my absolute favorite thing to wear in the summer is knee-length blousy cotton skirts with t-shirts and sandals.  So comfortable.  I've picked up a ton at thrift stores, since these were briefly in fashion several years ago and made a big showing at Target, but I'm excited to start making my own.  I can just buy 2 1/4 - 2 1/2 yards of any fabric that catches my fancy and off I go!  I just found two recently that felt very spring-y and fun.  One is dark navy with carrots and the other is light grey with blocky fireflies.


I've been buying a lot of fabric lately.  I'm absolutely in love with light, cheerful prints and have been buying stacks of fat quarters (quarter of a yard) almost every week!


These are for scrap quilting and oh, I can't wait to make another one.  My scrap boxes have been dramatically enhanced.


I've been buying other cuts of fabric, too, when I see something potentially useful go on sale.  Something I have very little of, but want to start building up, is a stock of "background" fabrics - fabrics on a light background with a neutral or lightly-colored print.


I don't have time to quilt right now, but hopefully soon I will start on another...or at least finish one of the THREE I'm currently in the middle of!

Meanwhile, nice spring days here.


Our clematis vines are in full bloom...


...although they aren't as dramatic as the ones at the local botanical garden!


I love to see their shade garden beds.  It's such a great lesson in non-flower placement, paying attention to leaf shape and color.




Love seeing little seed pots around, too.  I can't WAIT to start growing things again!


The cats are loving the warmer temperatures too.  Sitting in a sunbeam...


...and waking up from one of those 15-hour naps!


A 15-hour nap sounds pretty good right now.  Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment