Monday, August 8, 2022

roam if you want to...

Fifteen years ago, when Todd and I were planning our wedding, I immediately thought of August.  Not only because it coincided with a time when our friends from Scotland were going to be in town, but because I knew that August was the absolute worst month of the year and I really, really wanted something to make it special.  August is hot, August is humid, and August is the month when summer has REALLY overstayed its welcome.  When you go outside and your glasses immediately fog up...it's August.  When you're scrounging around in the bottom of the freezer for something to eat and evaluating degrees of freezer burn ("It's not that bad!") to avoid going out in the heat to the grocery store...it's August.  

But at least, August is almost September.  Fall is coming and then every day will be glorious.  I've been looking at photos of autumns past to buoy my spirits, and it's very encouraging.

Fall leaves.







Fall hiking!





Fall baking.



Fall berries.




Flannels!


Pumpkins!



Crisp, foggy mornings!



Bringing the outside in...



Quilts...


Cozy knitting...


Fall-roaming creatures...



I can't wait to join their roaming ranks when the weather finally cools.  I'm starting a countdown to September...and October is going to be one big pumpkin spice extravaganza!! 

Have a great week!  

No comments:

Post a Comment