Tuesday, August 30, 2022

shock and awwwwww

 Shocker (for us homebodies)...another busy weekend, setting up at a local toy show.  

Nearly all of our business is online, but when a toy show comes right to your doorstep, it's hard to resist! I have to admit that I am woefully out of the sci-fi loop when it comes to Marvel/DC.  I have no idea who this guy is...

...but I love a good costume!  

Meanwhile, at home...delightfully foggy mornings continue...

...and most days are clear and sunny.


Late-season flowers are popping, and I'm stuffing the house with bouquets.



Copper mug at thrift store, fifty cents!  A perfect Autumn vase.

Of course, this is a major temptation to someone.


The usual fall visitors are out and about...



so much dew!

And evidence of those unseen...

Goldfinches stripping seeds and tossing chaff into a pumpkin leaf

A 4 foot hosta mowed down by bloodthirsty deer

One of my favorites...fall spiders.  You might want to skip the next three pictures if spiders give you the creeps!

I've been looking for crab spiders all summer.  They hide in flower heads and pounce on unsuspecting insects.  He's a masked bandit!


Besides crab spiders, my favorites are really daring jumping spiders.  Here's one chowing down on a small fly...


...and another one giving me the eyeball.  This is a male, pretty evident from his green chelicerae (mouthparts).  Isn't he a beauty?


I'm hoping to get more spider pictures soon.  The heat is going to be breaking soon (hello, September!!!) and it will be more comfortable to move around outside.  Although...the kittens much prefer indoors in all circumstances.

Awwwww!
Have a great week!  






No comments:

Post a Comment