Monday, April 24, 2023

invitation replication

 I can't get over how quickly the grass and trees have filled in over the past few weeks!

an evening nibble on the new grass

It's astonishingly green.

front yard

back fields with path to pond mowed

The apple tree, which was almost bare two weeks ago...


...is in full bloom now.



We still have a few redbuds in bloom behind the house...


...but the petals are dropping quickly...ditto with the apple blossoms.  The temperatures are still see-sawing wildly, and I'm slowly mulching the flower beds as my temperamental shoulder permits.  I can do about an hour of work at a time.  Still, the beds are filling in nicely with no help from me.


Even though it's been sunny, it's cold...


...not out of the 40s today, and a frost last week.


These early bloomers are used to it, though, and perked right up.  I'm not too keen on working outside in the cold, though, so other than an occasional getaway, I'm working on my indoor projects.

Todd and I made the local paper (barely!) last week when we were photographed at the International Festival...blink and you'd miss us!

I'm slowly plugging away at my Shadow sweater.  The front and back panels are done, and now I'm knitting the sleeves.  Sleeves and body panels will be blocked and then seamed together soon!


I bought an embroidery stand recently, since my shoulder has been so sore.  It's been a lifesaver!  I'm about halfway done with my latest embroidery project.


I'm eager to start on the next one.  I was incredibly inspired by the UK coronation invitation:


Have a closer look:


I don't care about the coats of arms, but I'm going to find a way to copy the side and top panels into a cohesive design.  It's fascinating to read about the symbolism in the items selected here.  Everything is carefully chosen.  I love it!  

Inside, on these chilly days...lazy cats.



Some lazy ones outside, too.


They're enjoying the calm before the storm...it can turn roasting hot on a dime, and stay there, too.  Here's hoping that I can at least finish the beds around the house before the heat hits.  

Have a great week!  






No comments:

Post a Comment